Referring your clients
Recovery Solutions Counselling is registered to receive clients via Medicare (including Better Access to Mental Health Care Program and Chronic Disease Management, Enhanced Primary Care Program), Department of Veterans Affairs, Employment Assistance Programs and Open Arms (formerly Veterans and Veterans Families Counselling Services).
We provide individual counselling sessions as well as group programs and workshops.
Mental Health Care Plan
Under the Better Access to Mental Health Care Program, clients can be referred to our services by their GP, Psychiatrist or Paediatrician.
When referring clients, please include in the mental health care plan:
- The provisional diagnosis.
- The number of treatment services the patient needs to receive (the referring practitioner can refer for up to six sessions on one referral, the client must then return to the referring practitioner for a review).
- A statement that a Mental Health Treatment Plan or a psychiatrist assessment and management plan is in place (GP’s can also include a copy of the plan if it’s appropriate and the patient agrees).
- The profession (ie: referral to a social worker).
The referrer will receive regular written reports providing feedback on the progress of treatment.
- Cassandra Cuttler, Recovery Solutions Counselling
36 Vermont Street, Wodonga VIC 3690
Other referral pathways
A consumer can also self-fund their treatment. If this is the case the consumer can contact the practitioner and negotiate the fee.
Alternate Referral Pathways
Clients can also access the service under EAP (Employment Assistance Programs), DVA (Department of Veterans Affairs), VVCS Open Arms (Formerly Veterans and Veterans Families Counselling Services), NDIS (National Disability Insurance Agency) and Victims of Crime.